- Cody teaches a variety of Photography Workshops, Classes, and leads Photo Tours in Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park, and Yellowstone National Park. Cody was a Park Ranger in Yellowstone National Park and has guided in the Rocky Mountains from many years, so in addition to your photography instruction you will learn about the natural world of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem during your time with him. There is a very good chance you will encounter wildlife during your day with him, but unfortunately it is not guaranteed (but more than likely you will!!)
- Cody grew up outside the small town of Eureka, Kansas. He received a Bachelor of Science in Park and Natural Resource Management from Kansas State University, then moved to the Rocky Mountains where he has lived since 1996. After college, while working as a National Park Service Ranger in Yellowstone, Cody’s love for nature inspired his photography. His hobby became his career when he moved to Vail, Colorado in 1999.
- Cody’s career has allowed him to photograph a wide variety of subjects ranging from ski resort marketing to weddings to fine art. Cody has worked primarily as a commercial photographer in the ski and outdoor industry but has turned his focus more towards wildlife and nature photography.
- He owned a gallery in Eagle, Colorado, where his Western Fine Art was displayed and now shows his work at Art Shows around the Rocky Mountain region. He also hangs his work in shops and galleries in Jackson Hole and the Yellowstone area. In addition to the commercial photography side of things, he is the Photo Editor for Cross Country Skier Magazine and has served as the photo editor for four other major outdoor magazines: Backcountry, Alpinist, Ski and Skiing Magazines.
- Cody lives in Jackson Hole and continues to photograph nature, outdoor sports, weddings, and lifestyle photography. He teaches photography workshops and leads photography tours in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. When not out shooting he can be found mountain biking, nordic skiing, fly fishing, climbing or drinking coffee with his wife Colleen.
- He is a highly published photographer and his work can be seen worldwide in a variety of publications and locations such as: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Ski Magazine, Skiing Magazine, Backcountry Magazine, Powder, Freeskier, Cowboys and Indians Magazine, Outside Magazine, Sports Illustrated, NBC Sports, US Ski Team, Denver Post, Vail Daily, Aspen Times, Jackson Hole News and Guide, Bicycling, Mountain Bike, BIKE, Jackson Hole Skier, Big Sky Journal, Seattle Bride, Rocky Mountain Bride, 5280 Magazine, Paddler Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Weather Channel, Vail Resort, Beaver Creek Resort, Breckenridge Resort, Keystone Resort, Grand Targhee Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, OnTheSnow.com, Big Sky Resort, Dalbello, Salomon, Sego Skis, Backcountry.com, Liftopia, Khombu, and more.